Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Am Poem


I AM

I am the earth in your soup

The peas, carrots, potatoes and beans

I am the flesh on your bones

Skin of my children adorn your skeleton

I am the fire in your belie

The breath of my life fills your stomach; it is the forge transforming meat from lamb, milk from the tit, vegetables from the garden

Creating the dress you call a body

I am the light and picture in your eye

Like a drop of early morning dew that holds an image of the world in its prism

I am the sound in your ear

The surge and rush of a wave, the howl of the wind, the whisper of moonlight through the trees, the cry of the forgotten, the wail of the suffering, the grunt of the bear, the hoot of the owl

I am the song that sings through arteries and veins you can hear me when you put a shell to your ear

I am the rumbling in the earth

The excitement in your loins that drives you into relationship

A coupling of

Dirt and divine

Love and hate

Misery and ecstasy

I am the perfume that rises from the oil of flowers, the odor of your body in lovemaking, the smell of the burring dead and the stink on your shit

I am the rush of life expanding in the stars and shining in your cells

I am the fall of death clearing a path in the forest with fire

The shadow of disintegration that is the phoenix of your rebirth

I am the mask of a monkey the face of your child, the act of your courage and depth of your fear

I am the play on the stage of life

The script in your book, the poet in your pen, the actions in your step

I am the face in your mirror

http://coolzenhealing.com/DiscovertheMagic.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment